Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Interview of Global President of KH and my article on 'Multicultural Organization'







Source- http://www.iupindia.org/109/gc.asp

I was thrilled to facilitate the interview of the global president of KH and also contribute the article on Multicultural Organization in the January 2009 issue of Global CEO.


Knowing Dr. Ma'en Al Qatamin first hand as the perfect rare blend of an academician cum entrepreneur, it was an eye-opener of sorts for me to facilitate in the interview process of the president along with the editorial team of Global CEO. His insights on knowledge transfer, management training, management consultancy, business model consisting of brick and click drove me crazy. To put it in a nut shell it was something I would treasure for a long time to come mainly because seeing a corporate president work from close quarters and then facilitate in his interview is something which is a prized possession for any management author/interviewer.
The same issue also has my article on multicultural organization, where I have highlighted the unique feature of KH, as far as multiculture is concerned. Honestly speaking, it’s Dr. Ma'en and his better half, Feda, director, business development who had sown the seed of a dynamic and vibrant organization in the form of KH.
Organizations catering to global customers has to understand and imbibe the aspect of multiculturalism within the fabric of the company.KH over the years had an open outlook, which enabled people from different ethnicity, having varied cultures, eating habits, dress sense confluence together in line with that of the organizational requirements. Sound very easy...but extremely difficult to put into perspective. Hats off to the management and staff of KH!
The multicultural model adopted by KH can very well be leveraged by organizations across sectors and geographies. However, the model cannot be implemented in toto, fine adjustments or subtle customization is called for.
Know more from me. In fact I am willing to work on organizations which are interested to build up a multicultural working environment, irrespective of the size of the organisation. My peer consultants and management faculty friends can collaborate with me and I would be too happy for the symbiotic learning through this project.

No comments: